Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Abbot and Costello

Some photos of my brothers (nephews), Dankie and Moclare. While they don't look much like Abbot and Costello, our conversations are generally as elucidating as "Who's on First?".


Dankie outside my house. Behind him are the jerry cans we use to store rain water, which is used for tea as it is much less salty than the pumped variety.



Moclare was much more interested in touching the lens of my camera than having his picture taken.




To date, they have destroyed two decks of cards. Motlare likes to throw them around my room and then run off screaming. Dankie enjoys showing off his counting skills (in both English and Sotho), so I have him call out the number on the cards as I flip them. The face cards gave us no end of trouble.






Dankie demanded that I let him use my camera. I forgot that it was set to video. Hence:

2 comments:

  1. Very cute kids, Andrew. Dankie is obviously destined to be a great filmmaker. It sounds as though he's already directing the action from behind the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those kids have some sweet sweaters.

    ReplyDelete